Your deck is grimy, your siding is looking dull, your car is covered in dirt, and you don’t want to waste your entire weekend scrubbing them by hand. A pressure washer is a great option to clean these surfaces with ease so you can spend more time relaxing.
Pressure washers create a high-pressure stream of water that blasts the dirt off of dirty surfaces. But how can you know what the best power washer is for you? Electric power washers are a good option for most home owners.
They’re much quieter than their gas counterparts, and often more lightweight. The amps of power they pull per hour is much cheaper than the gas, oil, and other maintenance gas pressure washers need.
Although the pounds per square inch (PSI) of water pressure the electric ones produce is lower than their gas counterparts, some models still produce sufficient PSI for consumer cleaning needs. I searched through electric pressure washer reviews to find the most powerful pressure washer, so that you can choose the best electric pressure washer for your home needs.
Top 5 Choices for Electric Power Pressure Washers
1. Karcher K3 Follow Me Universal 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
The Karcher K3 Follow-Me electric power pressure washer is the cheapest on the list. It’s also the least powerful at 1800 PSI, which is the main complaint in its reviews.
The Karcher is more about ease than power, though. The four rolling wheels let the unit follow you as you clean, so you don’t have to stop to move it.
The Vario Power Spray Wand allows you to twist to adjust the pressure between jobs, instead of having to stop and switch out a nozzle.
It also changes between detergent and water spray with ease. It’s lightweight and won the Family Handyman Editor’s Choice Award, so if you’re looking for a cheaper, convenient option over power, it’s a good choice.
- Follows you while you clean
- Spray wand allows you to quickly switch from detergent to high pressure spray
- Very compact and highly maneuverable
- Slightly weaker pressure than other models
- Plastic design makes it less durable
2. AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Make quick cleaning jobs of decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, 2 different pressure washer wands, 20 foot high pressure hose, 14 oz. detergent bottle and 2 high pressure quick change wands with...
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
But we’re looking for power today, so let’s move on to something more powerful. The AR Blue Clean AR383 has slightly more power, using 13 amps to produce 1,900 PSI.
It’s not much more expensive than the Karcher, The AR Blue Clean AR383 is a more traditional model, standing on two wheels so you can pull it where you need it.
It offers a professional-style pressure washer gun, two different pressure wands that can be interchanged with various pressure nozzles for various jobs, and more.
The biggest problem with this unit is the quick connect garden hose adapter, which connects quickly but is made of cheap plastic. It’s had problems with leaking, but you can buy a brass adapter at the hardware store for under $10 to fix the issue.
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Includes a variety of included attachments to tackle almost all jobs around the home
- Adjustable spray tip on the wide-angle wand
- More than enough to clean driveways, decks, grills, mowers, etc.
- Plastic hose adapter can leak water
- High-pressure hose included is cheap and short
3. AR Blue Clean AR390SS 2000 psi Electric Pressure Washer
- outdoor cleaning power: easy and quick for decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, rvs, atvs and more
- highly rated: top rated consumer report 2016 electric pressure washer tests; motor type : universal 120v 60hz
- attachments included: professional-style pressure washer gun, pressure washer wand, 30 foot high pressure hose, 48 oz; detergent tank and 4 different quick change pressure washer nozzles
If you want to break 2000 PSI but still stay with AR, you’re going to have to spend on the AR Blue Clean AR390SS to get its 14 amp usage and 2000 PSI output.
That’s an over $50 difference for a 100 PSI difference.
However, Consumer Report named it the top rated electric pressure washer in 2016.
It’s a bigger model, but still has the portability of two wheels. It has the same easy assembly with slightly upgraded attachments, detergent tank capacity, and PSI.
So if you want to stay with Annovi Reverberi, whom customer reviews claim have amazing customer service, but you want more power, the AR390SS is a good option.
- Quiet and Lightweight
- Hose length is 30 feet
- More than powerful enough for general use
- Connection for garden hose is still made of plastic
- Standard hose is cheap and poorly designed, may want to replace with after market hose
4. Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI
- Questions, Text 563563 to chat directly with a Sun Joe expert
- POWERFUL: 14.5-Amp/1800-watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI (at initial discharge per CSA internal pressure testing) and 1.76 GPM (with nozzle open at minimum pressure) of water flow
- VERSATILE: Tackle a variety of cleaning tasks: homes, buildings, RV’s, cars, trucks, boats, decks, driveways, patios, lawn equipment, and more. With two 0.9 L onboard detergent tanks, removable...
For a cheaper price and more power than the Annovi Reverberi, the Sun Joe SPX3000 offers 14.5 amps and 2030 PSI.
It has five different tips for various pressure needs and two 0.9 liter detergent tanks that switch with a selection dial.
So if you need to clean your motorcycle and your deck, you can switch between detergents with ease to knock out both jobs quickly.
The Sun Joe also has problems with the plastic hose connector, but their customer service team sent out free brass replacements to those with an issue.
It also comes with a feature called a Total Stop System (TSS), which turns off the motor when the hose stops spraying to increase the longevity of the motor.
- Quiet and light
- Comes with a brass connector for garden hose
- Lots of power
- Can leak at garden hose attachment
5. Ivation Electric Pressure Washer 2200 PSI 1.8 GPM with Power Hose Nozzle Gun and Turbo Wand
The Ivation is the most powerful electric pressure washer on the list, pulling 14.5 amps per hour to produce 2,200 PSI.
The Ivation comes with 5 interchangeable pressure nozzles so you can adjust the pressure for tougher jobs and a “Turbo Wand” that extends to help you reach areas like second stories and the underside of decks. It also has automatic TSS to protect the motor.
- Very powerful design at 2200 PSI
- Built in soap dispenser
- Five interchangeable nozzles
- Quick disconnect for garden hose
- The supply hose, power cord and washer hose like to tangle around each other
The best choice for pressure washer PSI is the Ivation Electric Pressure Washer at 2,200 PSI.
It’s not only the most powerful electric pressure washer on the list, but it’s the best power washer over all when factoring in price, quality, and extra features.
The pressure joe pressure washer comes close at 2020 PSI, but the higher quality connectors of the Ivation and the price difference of only $10 make the Ivation reign as champ.
Whether you’re cleaning your RV for vacation or cleaning your pool before summer, the Ivation Electric Pressure Washer is the most powerful electric pressure washer for the best price.