Fall is a great time of football, bonfires, and fun. It’s also the time of the leaves changing color and falling off the trees.
Raking leaves by hand takes hours, and normal leaf blowers still leave you with a pile of leaves to pick up.
Lawn sweepers offer a great alternative that can either be manually pushed around your yard or hitched to something else.
The width of those brushes should be large so you can make less passes over your yard. Those brushes push all of that debris into a hopper bag.
The bag should be as large as possible so you can sweep more before stopping to empty. The whole thing should also be convenient to store in your garage or shed.
I read reviews to find the best lawn sweeper for you. Instead of limiting the search to the best lawn sweepers at $100, I widened the price range to truly find the best.
|Model||Sweep Path||Hopper Bag|
|Yardwise 23630-YW||21 inches||3 cubic feet|
|Agri-Fab 45-0320||42 inches||12 cubic feet|
|Ohio Steel 50SWP26||50 inches||26 cubic feet|
|Brinly STS-427LXH||42 inches||20 cubic feet|
|Agri-Fab 45-0492||44 inches||25 cubic feet|
1. Yardwise 23630-YW (Very Budget Friendly)If you want to stay closer to that $100 budget, the Yardwise 23630-YW is a good starter at around $50.
The hopper bag is only 26 gallons, about 3 cubic feet.
That’s very small for a lawn sweeper and will leave you stopping to empty the bag often.
It’s sweep path is only 21 inches wide, which means you’ll have to make a lot of passes over your lawn.
It folds up and hangs for easy storage, and its brushes have adjustable height so you can pick up debris well.
Overall, it’s not a great option if you have a large yard. For a small yard, it’s a better option, but it also serves to prove why the budget needs to widen up to find the best.
- Lightweight and easy to push
- 26-gallon Removable Hopper Bag
- Adjustable height settings
- Great bang for your buck
- Good for smaller areas
- Need to empty the bag fairly often
- Mostly plastic parts
2. Agri-Fab 45-0320 (Best Choice)This Agri-Fab 45-0320 model is better for a large yard and comes with a price tag around $260.
It’s hopper bag holds 12 cubic feet, which is three times as much as the Yardwise.
It also has a 42-inch sweeping path. It’s a tow-style sweeper, which means you have to hitch it to a tractor or mower to use it.
Its bag is easy to dump from the tractor seat.
However, some users complain that the assembly instructions are hard to follow.
Also complain that it doesn’t pick up grass well. If you plan to use this for grass clippings, it’s not a good option.
- Tow-style lawn sweeper great for larger areas
- Designed to be easy to dump from mower seat
- 12 cu. ft. capacity hopper
- Quite difficult to assemble, instructions are vague
- Needs to be emptied even before bag is full to prevent leaves from spilling over sides
3. Ohio Steel 50SWP26The Ohio Steel is around $300, but you’re getting more for the price difference. The hopper has a 26-cubic foot capacity, which is more than double the Agri-Fab 45-0320.
The sweeping width is 50 inches, which is the largest on the list.
Its brushes are made of polypropylene for extra strength and durability. It’s hopper bag collapses for storage, but many users complain that it’s still very big.
You need a big storage space if you get this model. Many users complained about not receiving assembly instructions, but they are available for download on the internet.
The hopper bag was also ripped when it came to some customers and had to be replaced.
Overall, if you have a large yard and a large storage space, this is a good option. Skip it if you’re tight on space or only plan on using it once a year, though.
- Heavy and well made
- 26 cu. ft. capacity hopper
- Collapsible hopper removes completely for compact storage
- Better instructions than some models,
easier to put together
- Can be a bit awkward to empty with a full load
- Bag can tear if you do not have it adjusted properly
4. Brinly STS-427LXHFor a more manageable size, you can have the Brinly STS for around $270.
This model has a 20-cubic foot hopper and 42-inch sweep, which is a very reasonable size for few passes and stops to empty.
Its brushes have height adjustment to pick up maximum amounts of debris.
Brinly has a patented storage system on this model to provide the smallest storage possible.
Users also complained about a poor instruction manual, which seems to be a theme for all of these models.
If you have a large area to cover and limited storage, this is a good option.
- 20 cubic foot capacity hopper
- Hopper detaches and easily folds for convenient storage
- Great for picking up larger objects such as seed pods and pine cones
- Perfect for larger areas
- May need to replace some parts due to wear every few years
5. Agri-Fab 45-0492Although Agri-Fab’s other model wasn’t great, the Agri-Fab 45-0492 is.
For around $300 you get a 25-cubic foot hopper with “flow thru” technology that allows it to hold more than other hoppers.
You also get a 44-inch sweep path.
That’s the second-largest on the list, but unlike the Ohio it can be folded and collapsed easily for storage.
The height adjustment for the brushes on the Agri-Fab 45-0492 is fantastic, holding steady more than any other models to pick up the optimum debris.
It’s dump level can also be operated from the seat of whatever trailer you hitch it to. Again, with this model, customers complained about the assembly instructions.
I don’t count that as a downside, because this was a complaint across all models. It’s the perfect option for big capacity and small storage.
- 25 cu. ft. capacity hopper
- Hopper design fills more completely than other brands
- Dump lever can be operated without leaving the tractor seat
- Sweeper can be folded up and collapsed without tools saving on storage space
- Moving parts may need continuous replacement
There are options on this list for every yard size and storage situation, but the overall best is the Agri-Fab 45-0492 because it has the perfect blend of hopper size, sweep path, and brush quality balanced with convenient storage.
You can have a huge yard without a huge garage, and this model still works for you. If you want the best lawn sweepers at $100, the Yardside is a good option to start. It’s basic and small, but it has the capacity to sweep a small yard if you don’t want to rake.
However, if you want the best lawn sweepers overall, you need to spend some more. Luckily, the Agri-Fab 45-0492 is good enough to make that money worth it.